MicroHAMS Club Meeting Notes 4/15/2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 – 5:10 PM
- Phil, N2EU
- Tim, KK7TM
- Wayne, KE7WTW
- Don, KC7YZW
- Peter, K4PNG
- Scott S., KD7VBS
Hamfests / Activities
- Boy Scouts Radio and Electronics Merit Badge Workshop and FCC License Test on April 26th
- at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Rose Hill, 7720 126th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA
- Need VEs for the FCC license tests.
- Need HAMs to be there and talk with youth who are getting on the air for their first time.
- Contact: Dave Wickert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Antenna Rotator Project
Please tell Tim Myers (email@example.com) if you are interested in participating. Cost is estimated at $75 excluding the actual rotor. We need to get a headcount now.
MHDC Post Mortem
- Security: Securitas security is available at no extra cost; just ask in advance.
- AV: Meet with AV technician the day before to assure setup procedures are known to work.
- Food – we got exactly the right count this time. Good job!
- Dr. Smith from UW might be good for next year.
- NW Digital Radio was interesting, but nothing new this time.
- The Canadian presentation was very professional.
- President – Phil Moscinski N2EU
- Vice President – Dennis Harding K7DEN
- Field Day – Scott Honaker N7SS
- Webmaster & MHDC – Kenny Richards KU7M
- Treasurer – David Jenni W7CF
- Librarian – Scott Slack KD7VBS
- Secretary – Tim Myers KK7TM
Next MicroHAMS Meeting at Icom’s new facility on Willows Road
- We’re planning on this — keep your eye on your email!
- Don’t panic; we’ll send a Bing map.
Early discussion Re: Field Day
- We have two more meetings then it’s show time.
- What’s a good outdoor 2 M and 70 cm antenna?
- Diamond X6000A tri-band vertical
- Universal Radio has it for $210
- Mount on ridge line of roof with a tripod
- Bosch smart security camera
- Q: How do I make it work without being plugged into Windows Server 2008?